Wildlife Prairie Park is a premier zoological park and nature center that provides transformational experiences to anyone in the Midwest. One of the greatest benefits of volunteering at Wildlife Prairie Park is the satisfaction of knowing you are giving back to one of the most unique and valued parks in the area and a landmark in Peoria’s history. Park volunteers also benefit from expanding social circles, lasting friendships, and the opportunity to work outside (if they desire) and alongside knowledgeable staff and volunteers. Volunteers also receive thanks and recognition throughout the year in several different ways.
Volunteer opportunities at the Park are always available for individuals who just want to help, people looking for community service hours for school or organizations or for court ordered community service. We also enjoy and have projects available for Business Groups, School Groups, Church Groups or any group wanting to volunteer.
Benefits of Volunteering
Besides the satisfaction and knowing you made a difference there are many other benefits volunteers can receive for helping at Wildlife Prairie Park:
- Volunteers receive free Park admission when volunteering.
- While working, volunteers receive a 10% discount at the Adventure Store, The Snack Shack, and Wildside Grill.
- After completing a volunteer application and meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator each volunteer can be added to the Wildlife Prairie Park email list to receive exclusive updates, weekly volunteer spotlight, and information. New volunteers will also receive an official Wildlife Prairie Park name tag.
- After completing 10 hours of service with the Park, you will be given a volunteer tag to display in your front windshield.
- If you complete 16 or more hours in one month, you are eligible to receive 2 free guest passes.
- Volunteers who contribute 25 hours or more can receive a Wildlife Prairie Park Patch from the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Volunteers who give 50 hours or more are eligible to receive a free Wildlife Prairie Park t-shirt from the Volunteer Coordinator (additional shirts are available for purchase).
- Those who contribute 200 hours or more in a calendar year will receive a free Wildlife Prairie Park family membership. This membership can be renewed every year with an additional 200 hours of service.
- Every registered volunteer is invited to attend a spring Volunteer Recognition Dinner and a Fall Volunteer Picnic. These events thank and recognize the hard work of all the volunteers at the Park and are a great way to meet other volunteers and staff.
Questions? Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator