Mike Boatman Advanced Photography Class
September 23 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Mike Boatman Advanced Photography Session: Creating Lighting
Wildlife Prairie Park Log Room
3826 N. Taylor Rd.
Hanna City, IL 61536
September 23rd, 2017
$30 per person
$20 for members
Advanced payment and registration is required.
Before the Session:
- You should have a digital SLR camera.
- Be familiar with operating your camera in manual.
- Preferably have an off-camera strobe also referred to as a
- Be familiar with operating your speedlight in manual.
- Some Remote trigger for firing off-camera strobes will be available.
If youâ€™re unfamiliar with operating your camera in manual or your speedlight in manual please read your owners guide prior to workshop.
If you donâ€™t have an off-camera speedlight there will be some available for training purposes.
Other inexpensive light modifiers will be available for training as well.
What we will go over:
- Blending flash/speedlight with ambient to create effects.
- Using flash off camera.
- Using a light meter.
- Detailed explanation of how flash works with the camera and why you need to know this to create effects
- recognizing light
- using the light as the first element when composing and creating an image
- creating your own light to create stunning images.